March 3, 2017
- Submissions due to School Librarian
March 10, 2017
- Selected finalist due at SFUSD
March 27, 2017
- Winners Announced!
April 9, 2017
- Bookmakers Reception & Awards Ceremony
April - May 2017
- Books on display at SF Public LIbrary
- Books returned to students
2017 EJK Bookmaking Competition
Celebrate the Art and Craft of Bookmaking!
All students K-12 are invited to enter the 5th Annual Ezra Jack Keats Bookmaking Competition.
Students write, illustrate and design their own original stories - fiction or nonfiction
- Teachers... build on the writing your students have been doing and extend their work into a handmade book.
- Collaborate with your librarian, art parents and art teachers.
- Students in K-2 classrooms may enter a class book.
- Students in Grades 2-12 create individual books or may work in pairs.
Deadline for School Level Judging - Friday, March 3, 2017 after school
Deadline for SFUSD submission - Friday, March 10, 2017
Watch this video and spot a few familiar Rooftop friends!
K-2 Early Elementary Collaborative
Grades 2-5 Elementary Category
Grades 6-8 Intermediate Category
*4 Finalists from each category will be submitted from Rooftop
**All finailsts are invited to the celebration reception at the CJM Sunday April 9th, 2017
- All work must be ORIGINAL and student created
- Books must be handmade and handbound (no staples or prebound books)
- Books must be made as part of ongoing instruction - teacher or librarian directed
- Emphasis on illustrated stories
- Text may be typed or handwritten
- All art media acceptable
- Book must be no larger than 15" x 18"