Comparing Religions Project
Research Islam and two other religions using the links on this guide.
Use and cite at least 2 different sources for each religion, including 2 print sources (books) for each religion.
For each religion, make notecards for each of these 6 areas (notes checklist):
- Origin / history of both religions
- Major Gods/ idols / deities
- Beliefs / concepts
- Holy Days / Holidays/ Rites / Rituals
- Practices / Worship/ Customs
- Texts / Writings
And for snazziness (& extra points)……….
- Art / Culture
- Architecture / important or sacred places
Make at least 12 notecards for each religion, for a minimum of 24 notecards.
Choose one of the religions you researched besides Islam.
Create a visual and written representation (i.e., poster, diorama, triptych, models, etc.) of a comparison between the religion of Islam and one other religion.
- Origin, history, beginning
- God, goddess & gods, deities, idols
- Customs, worship, practices
- Rites, rituals, festivals, holy days, holidays
- Architecture, buildings, temples, churches
- Writings, texts, books
|1. Origin / History of|
|2. Major God(s)/Goddesses / Dieties / Idols|
|3. Beliefs / Concepts|
|4. Celebrations: Holy Days / Holidays
|5. Practices / Worship / Customs|
|6. Texts / Writings|
|-- Art / Culture (extra points)|
-- Architecture / Sacred or Key Places