Remember, remember always, that all of us... are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.
GOAL: Students will create an interactive map that highlights the journey they took to get to San Francisco, CA. Students will use the stories they wrote in class using model texts.
Part One: Creating a Google Account
1. Type into google: drive.google.com
2. Write your name and last name and then follow it with email@example.com
3. Then type in your password and you are set!
Part Two: Tour Set Up
- Open up firefox( Internet) and google: google tour builder and click.
- Click on Create a Tour. Then click on Plug in and download the plug in.
- Name you’re your journey and write your name and the click Create Tour
Part Three: Making your Tour
- Type in your introduction. Do not worry about Photos and links until all of the typing is done.
- Click Add Location and type in the place. Click Add to Tour. Then fill out information. Do this step for all of your events.
- When you are ready to add photos or videos you must save them to a file. Find a picture and right click Save picture as.
- Click on Create new file. Name that file Journey_juarez and then save.
- To add photos or movies click on Add Photos and Videos. Then click Upload photos and then choose your photo. If you have your own photos or a youtube video find the correct links.
- If you want to link to music then find the song file and copy and past the web address and then click on the link button.
Part 4: Viewing
- To look at your tour click on Done Editing
- Click on Play full screen to watch.
- To share click on share and then add the address. To share with Ms. Juarez put this email:
To share with Ms. Taylor put: firstname.lastname@example.org