People Who Changed the World for the Better
Jesse Owens- athelete
Muhammad Ali- athelete
Bruce Lee- actor/athelete
Billie Holiday- singer
Coco Chanel- fashion designer
Oprah- Business Woman
JK Rowling- author
Dolores Huerta- Activist
Juan Antonio Marichal- SF Giants Pitcher
Obama- President of the US
Michelle Obama- First Lady/ Lawyer
Neil deGrasse Tyson- scientist
Dr. Seuss- author
Thurgood Marshall- Supreme Court Justice
Nelson Mandela- Politician/ Freedom Fighter
Malala Yousafzai- author/ activist
Bill Gates- entrepenour/ philanthropist
Eva Peron politician
Jackie Robinson- athelete
Shakira- singer/ activist
Bob Marley- singer
World Book Encyclopedia
Students will study a person that made a positive change. These people stood up for what was right, fought racism, sexism, and made the world a better place for everyone. You will conduct research, write about the person and make a great poster showing how this person changed the world.
I will create a stick person biography poster, highlighting important events and character traits of the person I am studying.
1. Pick a person study
2. Research the person using the note taking guide
3. Write down the sources you used
4. Print out a picture of the person- focusing on the face
5. Create a giant stick person with the actual face of the person you are studying.
6. Write a paragraph about your person, connecting their life to yours.