Ancient Religions Project
Work with a partner to create a trifold that describes the foundation of one of the following world religions: Judaism, Hinduism or Buddhism.
1. Research Judaism, Hinduism or Buddhism using the links on this guide, books in the library and your textbook.
- Elements of the religion's basic texts / writings
- Basic rules / teachings / beliefs
- Central figure or figures / entities
- Threats or problems to the central teachings that the central figures faced (McAvoy)
Describe how the religion is practiced today (Lindberg)
- How the teachings were preserved and how the ideas spread (McAvoy)
How the teachings and ideas spread (Lindberg)
3. Make at least 5 well-researched notecards, each card needs to include title, original text (from websites),
paraphrased text, URL or book source.
4. Use at least 3 different sources (websites, books, database). At least one source must be a book.
5. Create a trifold to display your information
6. Present your information to the class
Religions of the World
- Text, writings, scriptures
- Central figure, God, goddess & gods, deities, idols, prophets