Spanish Mapping Project
How is life different in the various countries that speak Spanish? How can we represent research on a map?
¿Cómo es la vida diferente en los países distintos donde se hablan español? ¿Cómo se representa esta información en un mapa?
- Choose a topic
- Find research website
- Complete data table through Google Classroom
- Share your findings on a map made by hand in class
You will research in the library for 2 days and create the map in class.
Teacher Expectations & Assessment
Careful research and recording of data! Neatly color-coded map!
Check out the project RUBRIC to be sure you are doing well.
Join Google Classroom
Choose one of these topics:
- Literacy (What percentage of the population can read?)
- Life expectancy (How long do men/women there live on average?)
- Youth population (What percentage of the population is under the age of 15?)
- GDP per capita (How much money does the average person make there?)
- Population (How many people live in that country?)
- Percent urban population (What percentage of people live in cities?)
- Median age (How old is the population of this country?)
- Religion (What religion is the highest percentage in that country?)
- Cell phone use (How many cell phone subscriptions are there for every 100 citizens?)
- Roads (What percentage of the roads are paved?)
- Happiness (How happy is the population?) Scroll to page 16
- Most popular sport (What sport are the citizens most interested in?)
- Food spending (What percentage of a person's income is spent on food?)
- Freedom (How free are the citizens?)
- Science and technology (How much does the country contribute to science and technology?)
- Peace (How much does the country help peace in the world?)